Rosh Chodesh Iyar 2022/5782
- Cleaning and Maintenance over Bein Hazemanim
- All bedroom furniture was moved to enable a deep clean of all surfaces and inside wardrobes. All curtains and nets were sent for cleaning and flame proofing.
- All external masonry, footpaths and yards were steam cleaned.
- All (117) Bedroom phones were sent for servicing and replaced where necessary.
- Carpet shampoo was carried out in all bedrooms and communal areas.
- Over 400 minor repairs were carried out- many requested on the “repair request sheets” distributed to the Bochurim.
- Kitchen cleaning and duct maintenance was carried out to the ISO9002 standards.
- The new Dining Room floor (2 years old) was recoated with a protective coating.
- All equipment and utensils in the bakery were steam-cleaned and treated with appropriate chemicals.
- 35 areas around the Yeshiva campus were decorated.
- Safe boxes were provided for the bochurim to keep their personal belongings safe over Bein Hazmanim
- The fire brigade made a surprise visit to check our fire safety provisions. BH they were very satisfied.
- Thanks to the Alumni
The executive of the Alumni’s visited Gateshead in March – partly to organise sponsorship of various projects to enhance the facilities of the Yeshiva (at cost of almost £80,000). It included.
- Beis Hamedrash – New vinyl flooring (laid during the last week of Bein Hazemanim).
- Fire alarm. Following further investigation and planning, a complete new system will shortly start installation.
- New fridge for the meat-processing area. Following preparatory works, the new system will be installed in the next weeks
New milky oven. Tenders were received from many companies and and we hope to install in July
- Yemei Limmud
Planning has started on our Yemei Limmud reunion on 24/25th July. Watch this space for the pictures of last year’s event and to register for this year’s